Located on 150 acres of woodland, fields, ponds, and streams, just 60 miles west of New York City and steps away from the Appalachian Trail, HIC is the perfect setting for your trip. Here at Happiness Is Camping we are proud of the versatility our facilities offer. Whether you have a school group, a church group or even a family reunion, staying with us for 1 day or 1 week, we hope that you will consider us as your new country retreat. We can accommodate groups of 30-170 people. It’s easy to see why The Outdoor Center at HIC is the ideal spot for your next outing:
- Modern, well-kept cabins with indoor plumbing as well as heat and air conditioning.
- Full meal service – you can even choose your own menu!
- A personalized programming policy – our Group Services Director will work with you to develop a custom schedule that accommodates your needs.
- High ropes elements including a zip line, giant swing, flying squirrel, vine walk, Burma bridge, horizontal cargo net, air rings, and horizontal ladder.
- Climbing wall with rock climbing.
- Two large presentation/recreational rooms, a games field, meeting rooms, and a full-service gym.
- Outdoor and environmental education, classes that teach forest ecology, sustainability, pond ecology, survival, natural history, and preservation.
- Leadership programs featuring an expansive low ropes course designed for teambuilding activities.
- Traditional camp activities such as hiking, orienteering, boating, fishing, geocaching, and archery.
- Year-round dedicated staff of friendly camping professionals who are highly trained in every area we have to offer.
- Just minutes away from the Appalachian Trail, the Delaware Water Gap and historic Blairstown, NJ.
- We are accredited by the American Camp Association and are licensed by the State of New Jersey.
- And, most importantly, proceeds from your group go directly towards supporting our summer camp for children with cancer and sickle cell – which operates each summer – at no cost to the campers and their families.
For more detailed information regarding our lodging, activities, and menus, view our Group Interest Packet.